Cryptid Thread

Spooky stuff, psychology, esoteric thought, metaphysics.

Star
Poster
Poster

Cryptid Thread

Post by Star »

This is a thread about cryptids. talk about your favorite cryptids. Cryptids real? Fake news?

I'll start. Mothman is real and he's my friend.

wundermoth
Poster
Poster

Re: Cryptid Thread

Post by wundermoth »

I was suprised recently to learn the chupacabra is a pretty recent creation of pop culture and urban legend - and the word was coined in 1995. I thought it was much older, I guess since it's around as old as I am so I grew up hearing about chupacabra stories... I was really into cryptozoology and aliens as a kid. Anyway chupacabras are cool

there is not enough room in this signature for a single deviantart stamp because DA had crungy urls so pretend theres some cool stamps here

Gyro
Batmin
Batmin

Post by Gyro »

The Tsuchinoko is a cryptid / fat snake from mountainous regions of Western Japan. "Tsuchinoko" translates to "dirt child" and I think that's beautiful. :snake:

(Tsuchinoko real)

\|/\( .^^.)/\|/
   V  V       <I have no idea what I'm doing!>

Frobisher
Poster
Poster

Post by Frobisher »

The Loveland Frogman is what puts the Love in Loveland in my opinion! Thought by officialdom to be an unusually large iguana killed in the 70s, sightings continue to this day including a notable 2016 encounter where two teenagers say they ran into a giant frog that walked on it's hind legs while they were playing Pokemon GO around Lake Isabella right outside of Loveland.

:sunglasses: :ratdance: :100: